Recognizing the need for independent churches and for parachurch ministries to have outside accountability the CFN FMC offers the opportunity to affiliate with this ministry.
Benefits of Affiliation
- An increased sense of credibility by belonging to a worldwide organization which emphasizes integrity and responsible Christian conduct.
- Churches / ministries may have the opportunity to use CFN-FMC’s 501(c) (3) group exemption status for tax exemption (case-by-case basis).
- Churches will be able to receive guidance from the CFN FMC presbytery and Executive Board.
- Presbyters will be available to minister to the local congregations and bring outside wisdom to the body.
- Churches may use Placement services at CFN.
- Churches will have the opportunity to partner with CFN missions projects.
Relational Agreements of Affiliation
- Be in agreement with the vision and values of Christ For The Nations.
- Be in agreement with the Christ For The Nations statement of faith.
- Be in agreement with the CFN FMC mission statement.
- Agree to build relationship with other ministers in the Fellowship.
- Agree to actively participate in building the Kingdom of God, through this body, to the best of their ability.
Requirements for Affiliation
- Each church/ministry will be an autonomous body and, therefore, must have its own charter/bylaws. If the church/ministry is just starting out, CFN FMC can assist in establishing its charter/bylaws.
- Each church/ministry has the option of obtaining its own 501(c) (3) or may obtain it with affiliation.
- Each church/ministry must agree to certain standards in order to come under the 501(c) (3) group exemption of the CFN FMC.
- Each church will give a minimum of 2% of its gross income to the Fellowship on a monthly or quarterly basis to support the Fellowship and provide for its on-going growth.
- Parachurch ministries are excluded from the 2%, but the annual fee to maintain affiliation is $250.00.
Each church/ministry will be required to apply for affiliation and interview with a CFN FMC presbyter.
Each church/ministry should be committed to relationship, responsibility, and accountability to the Fellowship and its apostolic team.
Once a year, the affiliated church/ministry will submit a report describing the ministry activities throughout the past year.
A proper system of financial recording must be functional in the ministry, reflecting financial integrity. The affiliated church/ministry must submit a copy of its financial report a minimum of once a year, and within 30 days of the end of the financial year.
Each church/ministry will be required to complete a six-month entry review period. A CFN FMC representative will visit newly affiliated churches within that period and give a report.